We thank the 103 poets who entered a total of 153 poems in The TRYangle Project Poetry Competition 2011. This competition was well-responded to, but we appreciate how hard it can be sometimes to write on specific themes, especially when those themes do not personally affect a writer. In the course of this competition we received a lot of e-mails from poets who said they would have liked to enter in order to support the charity's work, but could not do so because it had a closed theme. This is something to bear in mind for the future.
The good news is that this competition received gross entry fees of £567.50. After paying PayPal Charges of £29.37 we had £538.13 left, appropriated as follows:
1. 10% for Excel for Charity Administration & Advertising = £53.81
2. 10% for Judge's fees = £53.81
3. Net entry fees after deduction 1 and 2 above from £538.13 = £430.50
4. Donation to The TRYangle Project = £143.50 (being a third of the net entry fees)
5. Balance left after donation to charity = £287.00
6. Amount required to pay Prizes = £285.00
7. Retained excess to be ploughed back into future Excel for Charity competitions after prizes have been paid = £2.00
The poems will now be depatched to the Judge on the 15th of October.
Thanks once again