Thursday 15 December 2011

There Will Come a Time My Love

There will come a time my love, when you are

fully grown, you look back at your life

and your heart will swell with love and longing.

 

There will come a time my love

when the grades you got and goals you scored

will no longer seem so important.

 

There will come a time my love

when you will get over that broken heart,

you will see how precious real friendship really is.

 

There will come a time my love

when you will stop caring what others think of you,

and understand that being you is what matters most.

 

There will come a time my love when you wish you could go back

to run wild without a care, to swing so high you become part of the clouds

and to climb to the top of the tallest tree without fear of falling.

 

There will come a time my love

when you will feel so heavy inside

and you wonder how things could ever go back to normal again.

 

But my love, there will also come a time

when you are so proud of yourself

that for just a moment you believe you can do anything in the world.

 

A time when you are so happy just to be. A time

you are filled with more love than you ever thought possible,

and feel a sense of purpose that you never before had.

 

There will come a time my love that God will give you

the greatest gift in the world - a gift that will seem so tiny,

that you will wonder how it can produce so much joy.

 

There will come a time my love that everything

you used to worry about will suddenly seem so unimportant.

 

But until that time comes my love, you will always have me.   

 

By Paige Bevans

 

‘There will come a time’ is the 3rd Prize Winner in the Stepping Stones Nigeria Poetry Competition 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment